The Handley Page HP.52 Hampden was a British twin-engine medium bomber of the RAF. It was part of the trio of large twin-engine bombers procured for the RAF, joining the Armstrong Whitworth Whitley and Vickers Wellington. The newest of the three medium bombers, the Hampden was often referred to by aircrews as the "Flying Suitcase" because of its cramped crew conditions. The Hampden served in the early stages of the Second World War, bearing the brunt of the early bombing war over Europe, taking part in the first night raid on Berlin and the first 1,000 bomber raid on Cologne. The Hampden in RCAF service included the 160 examples manufactured in Canada by the Victory Aircraft consortium. Of the total built, 84 were shipped by sea to Great Britain, while the remainder came to Patricia Bay (Victoria Airport) B.C., to set up No. 32 OTU (RAF) used for bombing and gunnery training.
You can see this bomber today at the Canadian Museum of Flight in Langley, British Columbia, Canada.
- Manufactured in Canada - so you know it's good & you'll get it quick!
- Premium indoor/outdoor glossy vinyl decal that will last for years.
- Includes a FREE rubbing alcohol swab and detailed application instructions to successfully apply your decal. Large decals (over 20") come with a FREE felt-tip professional applicator.
- Decal easily adheres to vehicles, mirrors, exterior glass or almost any smooth surface.
- Comes as a complete decal to ensure easy application. Background colour (around images or words) will be whatever surface you adhere your decal too.
Premium vinyl decal that will adhere to vehicles, mirrors, windows, glass frames, granite, trailers, campers, suitcases & more! Removable with gentle heat and a cleaner to remove any residual adhesive. Not reusable. May peel paint off of regular walls upon removal.