After the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks Canada's role in the Afghanistan War began. Canada sent its first element of soldiers secretly in October 2001 from Joint Task Force 2 and the first contingents of regular Canadian troops arrived in January–February 2002.
Of interest to many Afghan Vets may be the book by your fellow Canadian Army Afghanistan Veteran Phil Halton This Shall Be a House of Peace Available on Amazon. A moving retelling of the humble origins of the Taliban movement and their deeply conflicted moral journey.
Chaos reigns in the wake of the collapse of Afghanistan’s Soviet-backed government. In the rural, warlord-ruled south, a student is badly beaten at a checkpoint run by bandits. His teacher, who leads a madrassa for orphans left behind by Afghanistan’s civil war, leads his students back to the checkpoint and forces the bandits out. His actions set in motion a chain of events that will change the balance of power in his country and send shock waves through history.
Amid villagers seeking protection and warlords seeking power, the Mullah’s influence grows. Against the backdrop of anarchy dominated by armed factions, he devotes himself to building a house of peace with his students — or, as they are called in Pashto, taliban. Part intrigue, part war narrative, and part historical drama, This Shall Be a House of Peace charts their breathtaking ambition, transformation, and rise to power. Available on Amazon.
This book is a highly recommended read for any Canadian Vet of this conflict.
- Manufactured in Canada - so you know it's good & you'll get it quick!
- Premium indoor/outdoor glossy vinyl decal that will last for years.
- Includes a FREE rubbing alcohol swab and detailed application instructions to successfully apply your decal. Large decals (over 20") come with a FREE felt-tip professional applicator.
- Decal easily adheres to vehicles, mirrors, exterior glass or almost any smooth surface.
- Comes as a complete decal to ensure easy application. Background colour (around images or words) will be whatever surface you adhere your decal too.
Premium vinyl decal that will adhere to vehicles, mirrors, windows, glass frames, granite, trailers, campers, suitcases & more! Removable with gentle heat and a cleaner to remove any residual adhesive. Not reusable. Safe for car paint but may peel paint off of regular building walls upon removal.